Our Heart and Vision
We are often asked at Bide Awhile what makes us different from other shelters and we believe our difference lies in our heart and in our vision.
At the very heart of Bide Awhile is the respect we have for our animal friends, and the value we put on our relationships with them. We believe that both human and animal lives are enhanced when they come together and because of this, we work hard to place animals in loving home environments. Because we believe in creating a humane community, we strive to educate the public about many topics, including pet ownership, the importance of spaying and neutering, and other animal issues.
Our Mission Statement
- Rescuing and caring for unwanted and abandoned animals.
- Placing all our animals in suitable and caring homes.
- Providing an environment free from the threat of unwarranted euthanasia.
- Cultivating awareness, respect and appreciation for the animals whose world we share.
- Vigorously promoting spaying and neutering.
- Managing all our resources and contributions in a responsible manner.